Founder & CEO at Drost Enterprises LLC (The Business360 Method)
Website Address: https://tammydrost.com/
On “Media Champions,” our host speaks with experts within the marketing community. This week our host speaks with Tammy Drost from Drost Enterprises LLC (The Business360 Method). To learn more check out https://tammydrost.com/.
What is the biggest change in marketing that you see coming in the next 2 years?
I see many changes, some of the most prominent include:
• Virtual events will be a mainstay with increased spending on social media and other platforms.
• Carefully aligned content will continue to lead.
• Marketers will find alternatives to third-party “cookies”
• AI will create an environment where influencer marketing becomes easier and more results oriented.
• Mobile first marketing
• Opportunities in the gaming industry
• Marketing to Gen Z
Are their any trade organizations or groups that you belong to?
American Marketing Association, Small Business Development Council
What is the advantage to working with an outside media buyer as opposed to having just an internal marketing director?
I view an outside media buyer as an extension of the internal team. Ideally, they work collaboratively for the best results. The external media buyer brings new ideas and innovation while the internal marketing director knows the business and brand better than anyone and is in a position to drive change with leadership and board members.
What is one tip that you would give when it comes to media planning?
ASK A LOT OF QUESTIONS: When you ask questions every step of the way, you’re better able to craft strategic solutions that hit measurable goals for an audience that you’ve taken the time to get to know. You understand them, know how to deliver your brand message in a way that captures their attention, and you can anticipate and craft a fantastic customer experience without losing sight of your goals.
How does a media buyer stay on top of trends with media placement?
• Do you research!
• Attend industry conferences
• Read, read, read….
• Network and talk to colleagues in the industry.
• Know your clients, their goals, and the channels that will deliver on those goals.